A Community Land Trust in the Skagit Valley since 1973

... and one of seven sister communities in Western Washington that comprise the Evergreen Land Trust

Friday, April 7, 2017

Transforming Communities

Be They Families, Neighborhoods, Towns or Cities.... or Countries

  Community change consultant Peter Block states the case that

“The essential challenge is to transform the isolation and self-interest within our communities into connectedness and caring for the whole.”

Peter Block's website name should tell you all you need to know about what he represents. His website is titled ABUNDANT COMMUNITY: Awakening the Power of Families and Neighborhoods.  

I first came across Peter in an article about building community in international schools. I loved what he had to say, including the above stand-out quote. 

1 comment:

Alyssa O'Leary said...

Hey there, my name is Alys and I'm the navigator of the Helios housebus. Myself, along with my fiance (a mechanic) and our roommate (a carpenter) want to get into contact with you. We found you listed at www.ic.org. Email me at housebushelios[at]gmail.com or text me at 602-373-1353 to set up a phone call. Thanks!